Here is Jennie Chancey's 1940s “Swing” Dress Pattern, inspired by an original Hollywood design, circa 1942. The design comes from the WWII days of fabric rationing, which meant narrower skirts and more tailored lines.
- Sizes 8-26 all included in one envelope.
- Unique yoke with gathered shoulders and two sleeve options (short and “bracelet-length”).
- Gored skirt great for twirling! Put on your dancing shoes!
- Transition this pattern to evening wear by lengthening the skirt.
- Photo Instructions online on the Sense and Sensibility website.
- If you can't wait for a paper pattern to arrive in the post it is also available for instant download as an ePattern in PDF format also on the Sense and Sensibility website.