By Jennie Chancey From the Sense and Sensibility Website: "I grew up watching classic films with my parents and siblings and always sighed over the beautiful dresses worn by some of my favorite ladies of the golden era. Doris Day, Kathryn Grayson, and Grace Kelly just seemed to me the epitome of feminine elegance, and I begged my mother for full-skirted dresses to match the ones I loved on film. I’ve felt for the past several years that it was time to add the 1950s to my pattern lineup, and when the 1950s won my customer poll in late 2010, I knew it was time to get cracking! I’ve had many requests from customers for an easy dress pattern that even a beginner could tackle. I decided to create something that would provide glamorous results without tears for beginners and also satisfy long-time vintage fashion enthusiasts. I hope this pattern fills the bill!"
- All sizes from 6-26 included in one envelope
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Kimono-sleeve bodice style makes this a great starter pattern for sewing newbies.
- Options for fun daytime dress and for evening gown with long skirt and dramatic “V” back.
- Bonus instructions in the appendix for creating a full-skirted crinoline petticoat.
- ePattern available for instant download on the Sense and Sensibility Website.
- Girls dress available!