This is Jennie Chancey's, the founder, of Sensibility.com, original Regency gown pattern, modeled after the styles of the middle Regency and particularly appropriate for 1810s impressions. If you’re new to this time period, this is the pattern recommended to start with, as it goes together very easily.
See more images below
- Sizes 6-18 all included in one envelope.
- Illustrated instructions make construction easy!
- Options for long sleeves, short sleeves, undersleeves and wide or narrow skirt.
- Pattern supplement available for ladies sized 18-26 D and DD. (Please drop me an email if you would like this supplement at email@example.com Thanks!)
- Bonus photo tutorial to make a bodiced petticoat from this pattern on the Sense and Sensibility website.
To see how you can easily alter this pattern to include a train, overskirt, nursing access, and other details, visit my Sewing Tips section. The pattern and the supplement are both rated “intermediate”, but I have had many beginners complete a gown with a minimum of help. Important: If you measure for a size between 20-26 or have a DD cup size, you will need the 18-26DD supplement in addition to the full pattern.